Friday, December 25, 2009

Movie Night #2


Title: Avatar
Release Year: 2009
Famous Names: Zoe Saldana, Sigourney Weaver, Joel David Moore
Buy it. Rent it. Skip it.

Summary: In the future, Jake, a paraplegic war veteran, is brought to another planet, Pandora, which is inhabited by the Na'vi, a humanoid race with their own language and culture. Those from Earth find themselves at odds with each other and the local culture.

My Two Cents: Set in 2154, this is the best futuristic slash alien movie I have ever seen. Most of the movie is made in CGI, which (excuse me if I'm wrong), is a type of high-tech computer animation. I loved this movie so much. I saw it last night with my family and the only thing I can complain about is the length. I'm going to guess and say that this movie is about 2 and a half hours long. That is one longggggg movie.

James Cameron the writer and producer of the film also produced TItanic. And boy, did he live up to expectations.

I'm not going to give anything else away so I'm just going to say: GO SEE THIS MOVIE. Like, now. I'm not kidding.

I have a feeling that Avatar will soon become a classic movie.


3 comments:

Admin said...

This movie reminded me of the matrix

Diana Dang said...

I heard it was 3 hours actually :O Still have to watch it ><

Merry Christmas!

Liviania said...

The story was better than critics were giving it credit for. So pretty - worth seeing in theatres, as opposed to waiting for the DVD.