Friday, May 29, 2009

Ode to freshman year..

Oh my god, oh my gosh!
I am no longer a frosh!
freshman year's come to an end
and im sure ive made some friends,
read some books, drawn some graphs,
and had just so so many laughs.
but now i think its time to grow
cause i still have 3 years to go..

next year im a sophmore
forgotten in the halls
the "lost class" they say,
just blends with the walls

then comes the year of the junior
so jam-packed with cheer
ill go to more parties
maybe have a little beer? ( just kidding mom ;))

lo and behold,
here comes senior pride
the school seems so small
while the world is open wide.
grad plans will be made
and pranks will be played
tears will be shed
speeches will be read...


but hey, its summer!
lets have some fun!
and if you dont mind,
im gonna go catch some sun

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

haha, nice! I will be a SENIOR next year. I can't believe it. :P

Liv said...

Aw, yay! I'm with you there. Freshmen no longer, eh? Thank god.
And I DID get my first sunburn of the season today. :)

Erin said...

Haha, this is cute and fun. :)

nadine said...

I like it. And BTW, sophomore year is way better.. or at least mine was anyways.

Peaches said...

CONGRATS! I finished my sophomore year today, and the whole year kinda sucked, so have fun with that (haha, I joke, I joke). Again though, congrats; one down, three to go!

Briana said...

Woohoo! After your freshman year it's 10x more fun! Atleast that's how my high school experience was. I'm going to be a freshman ... in college! I'm shakin in my boots, I'm not ready to leave my house yet!! Lol.

Emily said...

hah thank you all (:
Liv: congrats on the sunburn! hah

i don't usually write poetry (am i even allowed to call this rubbish poetry?), so this was very new territory.
i love you guys!! :D

Beth Kephart said...

Yes. Go. And. Have. Some. Summer. Fun.

You only live once.

Bookworm said...

Great poem! Go freshmen! LOL